Getting an outsourcing transaction right involves a number of factors such as clearly identifying the functions to be outsourced, identifying the right vendor and putting the right contractual mechanism in place so that expectations on both sides of the transaction are matched. We have worked on outsourcing transactions in every major market with many of the world’s biggest corporations as counter parties. We have managed outsourcing transactions from the initial request for information stage all the way through contract award; a full contractual lifecycle and contract renewal.
While our early experience was on the service provider side, over the last 3 years we have applied our knowledge and skills with equal effectiveness to the buyer’s side as well. We have represented the buyers in a number of major outsourcing transactions in India which include the transfer of assets and personnel from the client to the outsourcing service providers. The counter parties in these transactions are some of the largest IT services providers in the world. Our deep familiarity with outsourcing transactions allows us to act as an extension of the client’s in-house legal department in sectors ranging from infrastructure to renewable energy to textiles to airports.
The Chambers Asia Pacific legal directory and the Legal 500 legal directory have recognised us for our capabilities in this area. We are the youngest firm in India to be recognised for our capabilities in the TMT sector by both directories.
- Assessment of outsourcing options available for a particular need
- Participating in vendor diligence exercises
- Internal due diligence in preparation for an RFP
- Drafting the RFP in conjunction with outsourcing consultants and internal stakeholders
- Evaluating RFP responses and advising on down selection decisions
- Preparing contract drafts for discussion with selected vendors
- Negotiating and finalising the contract with the final chosen vendor
- Advising on on-going contract management and change management issues
- Assessing contractor compliance with the terms of the contract
- Providing representation in disputes