India’s economy, like most economies across the world, is experiencing a wave of disruption and transformation driven by new technology centric business models. This change has resulted in many questions on how the law will apply to these business models. It has also fundamentally changed the contracting paradigm.
From our base at the epicentre of this change, Bangalore, we are advising a large number of clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to extremely early stage start-ups on all of the legal issues that the adoption of technology and digital strategies bring. Our clients range from enterprise tech companies in the storage, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, IoT and analytics spaces to banks adopting new digital customer models to e-commerce marketplaces to new age logistics companies and web centric education service providers.
At the firm, our focus is on getting our clients’ transactions right so that they realise tangible value from our advice. Our experience in handling technology transactions ranges in value from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars. Over the years we have negotiated complex multi-year, multi-jurisdictional contracts for both buyers and sellers in an efficient and effective manner. We are used to working in close coordination with business user teams, procurement teams, sales teams, delivery teams and executive management to deliver deals. Our legal experience and business orientation allows us to bring transactions to a successful conclusion in an efficient and timely fashion.
The Chambers Asia Pacific legal directory and the Legal 500 legal directory have recognised us for our capabilities in this area. We are the youngest firm in India to be recognised for our capabilities in the TMT sector by both directories.
- Advising on go to market strategies for legacy and new businesses utilizing digital
- Technology exploitation, commercialisation and licensing agreements
- Strategic alliances, Joint Ventures and other complex commercial arrangements
- Procurement and sourcing
- Agency, franchising and distribution agreements
- Technology related due diligence exercises
Some of the sectors we work
- Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Backend as a Service, Storage as a Service and related cloud centric offerings
- E-commerce and m-commerce
- Fin tech and Banking
- E-logistics and other supply chain related sectors
- Internet of Things and Machine 2 Machine
- Workplace Mobility and Hiring
- Digital Aggregation
- Data Storage and Analytics
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Programmer and API related tools
- Social Media
- Digital education and publishing
- Hospitality and Long Term Accommodation